Discover a Winter Wonderland
Oslo’s Only Winter Bike Tour
For the Adventurous
Cycle on Snow & Ice in this Unforgettable Winter Experience
Oslo winter tours have a special kind of magic and require a touch of Viking courage from the guests! Cycling with studded tires (like ours) is safer than walking as you have more grip. You’ll visit Oslo’s main sights with a guide who will share information about Norway’s culture, politics, and everyday life. We mix nature with architecture and history – in season we can even visit the famous Christmas markets. If you want to go beyond the guidebook, this is the tour for you!
Admire the stunning modern Opera House and The City Hall, home to the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony
Ride down car-free Akerselva River path to waterfalls & explore street art in Oslo's most alternative neighbourhood
Check out Oslo’s food market scene with visits to Mathallen, Oslo Street Food, or Vippa
Explore the lively neighbourhood of Grünerløkka
Discover modern architecture and restaurants in the port area of Aker Brygge and Tjuvholmen
Pedal down Karl Johans Gate, the main pedestrian street & the site of the city's main Christmas market
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Youth and student: 425 NOK (valid ID required for students)
- Adult: 495 NOK
- No children under 12 are allowed to participate on this tour
DFDS Boat Terminal in Building “Skur 42” (Akershusstranda 31, 0150 Oslo)
Monday to Saturday – November to February
Moderate – previous cycling experience required
Maximum 12 participants per guide,as for groups of more than 8, we recommend the private tour.
- Winter bike with studded tires for extra safety during the winter months
Coffee and cake at the cafe break
What to bring
- Extra warm clothes for winter conditions in Oslo
- Gloves, scarves, and hats – gloves are available if needed
Good to know
- Please arrive at the meet-up point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Previous cycling experience required.
- Sites visited can change based on weather as well as seasonal activities such as Christmas markets.
- A winter bike tour is for cyclists ready to ride Norwegian style — on spiked winter tires! The tour offers a variety of biking opportunities along coastal paths and throughout the city centre. This ride may involve a few short and steep hills but otherwise is mostly flat. Stops are frequent for taking pictures and warming up.
Full refund up until 24 hours before departure time
The Day’s Activities
Depending on the weather we have a range of activities to choose from. We’ll discover Norway’s spectacular architecture, both modern and 19th-century, as we ride past areas like the harbourfront, Karl Johans Gate, and the port area of Aker Brygge and Tjuvholmen.
Depending on the time of year, we may visit Oslo’s Christmas market, Jul i Vinterland, where we’ll sample cured meats, traditional shortbread, and Gløgg (mulled wine). We’ll also take you into real Oslo and explore neighbourhoods like Grünerløkka. This Oslo bike tour is all about getting to know more about Norwegian society and your guide will give you insight that no guidebook can.
We’ll explore the natural side of this green city as we pedal up the car-free Akerselva River path to visit waterfalls that are pretty spectacular in winter. For foodies, we can stop by one of the many indoor food markets where we can enjoy fresh seafood and a delicious array of street food in beautiful settings.