Experience Oslo Like a Local
Swim in the Fjord
Holiday Getaway Atmosphere
Discover the Striking Fjord Islands on this Oslo Island Hopping Tour
The fjord islands are a must-see stop when visiting Oslo. Arriving at these green spots, the capital city will seem a world away and you’ll soon realize why so many Norwegians come here for a holiday. You’ll walk the coastal forests, sea cliffs, charming villages, and historic sites of the inner Oslo fjord with your knowledgeable guide. This is a great way to see the city from the water if you are in Oslo for a long weekend.
Stunning water views both of the city and fjord
Get away from the bustling city to a quiet holiday paradise in just 10 minutes
Swim the pristine waters of the Oslo fjord
Enjoy the local atmosphere of summer life on Oslo's islands
Learn about Oslo’s history and Norwegian culture
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Youth (ages 8-17): 435 NOK
- Adult (ages 18-66): 495 NOK
- Senior (ages 67+): 435 NOK
- Oslo Pass discount rate: 295 NOK
- May and early September: 11:00 on Fridays and Saturdays
- June-July-August: 2 times per day, 7 days per week, at 10:30 and 11:00
- All customers must arrive 15 minutes in advance
The departure point for the public boats to the islands is Rådhusbrygge 4, 0160 Oslo. We will meet near the small orange tower next to the dock, by platform E.
May through September, 1-2 times per day depending on the season. Please see departure times above for exact details.
between 4 and 4.5 hours
Moderate – mostly flat terrain
15 guests per guide – for groups of more than 10, we recommend booking our private tour
Lunch (can be purchased along the way)
What to bring
- Walking boots or sneakers suitable for rocky terrain
- Swimsuit & towel
- Backpack & water
- Picnic lunch (this can also be purchased on the tour)
Good to know
- This tour is suitable for children aged 8 and over.
- This tour uses ferries which are part of the public transport system. Tickets are included in the tour price and after your tour, you will be given the 24-hour transport pass for your own use.
- An average fitness level is required. The walking is mostly flat but on a mix of stones, gravel paths and dirt roads. Participants should be able to walk for 30 minutes at a moderate pace and wear good walking shoes for the trails.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
Full refund up until 24 hours before departure time
The Day’s Activities
Explore Oslo’s natural summer paradise on this four-hour island hopping tour. Learn more about Norway’s island culture as you hop on and off ferries to visit the fjord islands of the capital and get into vacation mode. Each island has a distinct personality and charm which is why we will visit three of them.
Our first stop will be Bleikøya, a locals-only island where it is unusual to see tourists, making it a great place to get an authentic understanding of island life. This island has the best views of the city from the sea.
Next will head to the island of Lindøya, an island that is home to some 300 brightly painted traditional wooden cabins separated by flower-covered paths. In summer, many Osloites spend a month or longer in this pretty little village.
We’ll get back on the ferry to visit our final stop, the historic island of Hovedøya. Here we’ll explore the fascinating ruins of a nearly 1000-year-old abbey and 19th-century city ramparts. Your guide will explain the stories behind these landmarks and give you an introduction to Norwegian culture.
Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit on the tour to swim in the waters of the Oslo fjord – an experience not to be missed! At the end of the tour, we’ll catch the ferry for the fourth time and head back to the centre.