Viking Biking & Hiking AS operates the www.vikingbikingoslo.com website, which provides the service.
- This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information if anyone decided to use our service, the www.vikingbiking.com website.
Information Collection & Use
For a better experience while using our service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our service, we collect information that your browser sends to us which is called log data. This log data may include information such as your computer’s internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals, including but not limited to Peek, due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our service
- To provide the service on our behalf
- To perform service-related services or
- To assist us in analyzing how our service is used
We want to inform our service users that these third parties have access to their personal information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us with your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
Viking Biking & Hiking AS, Norwegian organization number 925151386, offers various tours and bike rentals via its website (www.vikingbikingoslo.com). The following terms and conditions apply to all services rendered by Viking Biking & Hiking. By making a booking, the customer accepts these terms and conditions, also on behalf of all group members mentioned in the booking.
Pricing and Payment
- Payment on the Viking Biking & Hiking website is made via our booking partner and their terms and conditions apply to the payment.
- All prices listed on the Viking Biking & Hiking website originate in Norwegian kroner (NOK).
- All guided tours on the Viking Biking & Hiking website are exempt from value-added tax. All bike rentals include in the quoted price a 25% value-added tax.
- Prices do not include tips or gratuities.
Refunds and Cancellations
- A full refund will be offered if Viking Biking & Hiking receives the request at least 24 hours before the start of the tour or rental, sent to the email address “email@example.com”
- If the customer has symptoms of Covid-19 the day of the tour, a voucher or a full refund can be offered last minute.
- Customers acknowledge and realize the danger of participating in a Viking Biking & Hiking AS guided tour or rental and fully assume all risks including, but not limited to: collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other riders, and/or fixed moving objects, the negligence of other riders and dangers arising from falls and road surfaces, as well as the possibility of physical injury and/or mental trauma.
- By booking a bike tour or bike rental, customers confirm that they: (A) are in sound medical condition capable of participating in the ride without risk to others or themselves; (B) understand that the law defines a bicycle as a moving vehicle and agree to follow all traffic laws, signs, rules, and regulations. (C) were offered the free use of a helmet and encouraged to wear it at all times and to follow the safety guidelines presented at the start of a tour or rental period, which includes refraining from using a mobile telephone, taking pictures or listening to music while riding. (D) take responsibility for any damage that might occur while riding the bike. (E) understand and accept that any medical cost incurred during a Viking Biking & Hiking AS tour or rental period will be their own responsibility. (F) as a parent or guardian, take responsibility for any of their child’s actions for the duration of the trip.
- By booking with Viking Biking & Hiking, customers hereby release, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Viking Biking & Hiking AS and its employees from any and all losses, costs, damages, claims, demands, rights and causes of action of whatever kind or nature which may arise and which result from illness, personal injuries, property damage, death or of any other damages or injuries, not included herein, occurring during or as a result of participation in a Viking Biking & Hiking AS tour and\or rental.
- The person booking the tour or rental with Viking Biking & Hiking is of legal age and fully competent, has read these terms and conditions and fully understands them. If the customer is booking on behalf of other tour and/or rental participants, they understand that they are fully bound by these same terms and conditions.